Portugal's Golden Visa benefits include visa-free travel in the Schengen Space and the eligibility to EU citizenship within 6 years.
- Permanent free entry and circulation in Portugal and the other 25 Schengen Space countries.
- Freedom to live and/or work in Portugal (or not – the minimum stay requirements are 7 days in the first year and 14 days during each of the two subsequent 2-year periods, whether or not consecutive), while keeping another residence (if so wished) in another country.
- Option to become a "non-habitual resident" of Portugal for tax purposes, thereby paying little or no tax for at least 10 years.
- Option to obtain permanent resident status after 5 years of having made the initial investment.
- Option to acquire Portuguese citizenship after 6 years of having made the initial investment.
- The benefits are extensible to the investor’s family, including the spouse or partner, under-aged or dependent children of either spouse or partner, dependent parents of either spouse or partner, and under-aged siblings of either spouse or partner if legally under their supervision.
Your Rights as a Resident
As a resident of Portugal under the Golden Visa Program, you will be entitled to access at least the following with no need for any special authorisation:
- Education and professional training
- Official recognition of education diplomas and professional qualifications
- A professional activity, (as an employee or as an independent professional)
- Social security benefits, tax concessions and trade union protection
- The law and the courts of law